Monday, August 21, 2017

Eclipse Day Check-In

We are at home today, not in the path of totality. You? You traveling to get in the shadow? I really haven't kept up on all this but I did briefly look it up last night. I noticed that someone I know is close to the path: Tallulah Falls. I bet those rest areas will be packed!

Instead, as I write this, the kids are watching a documentary on total eclipses over their garden smoothies. Yay! I love those wholesome moments.

We recently got a bird feeder. I've wanted to do this for so long! The birds are just beginning to discover the food source, so as the kids are at the kitchen table watching the documentary, they look over to watch a pair of gold finches at the feeder. Yay! Yay!  I love that we have a great new way to do some nature study this winter. And right at the kitchen table! We should get some good nature journal entries in this year!

Yesterday we had the opportunity to hit up Mount Olympus Theme and Water Park. It was a great day. I was a little under the weather but everyone else had a great time, so it was worth it just to watch them.

What else are we up to? Just housekeeping mostly. I have a ton of cleaning and organizing I'd like to do before our academic year starts. I also have a hefty list of planning/prep items I need to get done as well. Most of it are loose ends but still, tying up those loose ends will make our year much smoother if I can polish it all off. So lift up a little prayer for me, will ya? It is a little difficult to get things done with these little blessings running around.

Well, soon here I'll share our plans for the year. We are looking forward to getting started. We've got some changes here and there. I enjoying sharing what we've got queued up, so I'll make sure to get some pics of of our resources.  Do you enjoy seeing what we'll be studying?  Let me know, that helps to know what to share here. Here a few pics of life lately:






A cucumber,/jalapeno/pineapple salad we enjoyed over grilled chicken and rice (at the lake, even better!). 

My newest helper. 


A typical brief stop at the garden. Sometimes I get frustrated when something in the garden doesn't turn out as I had hoped, then I have to look at this and realize have much I have to be thankful for. Never stop giving thanks! (note to self)


No comments:

Post a Comment