Sunday, July 31, 2022

Summer Swimming

 Hello loved ones!


Aren't you proud of me?! Only one month since my last post. Hooray!! It's been a busy summer of traveling.  Gabe and I traveled to North Dakota for swimming. The kids and I traveled to the Midwest to see family and friends. I drove my mom to Missoula (5 hours) and then drove back.  Gabe and I traveled to South Dakota for swimming. Our whole family traveled to Helena for swimming and exploring. Gabe and I were in Missoula again last weekend for state swimming. This week we will be in the Tetons camping with friends. Next weekend Doug will take the kids camping at Flathead while I prepare for our upcoming educational year. Phew!  All the driving has been a bit rough on the chronic blood clotting situation in my "bad" leg, but I think it will be okay. I am going back on a supplement for a couple months that will hopefully break down some of the built-up fibrin.  

Here's a little pictorial tribute to Gabe's summer of swimming, with some other pictures from the same trips thrown in. 


Cathedral in Helena






Fellow Catholic homeschool school mom in this pic. Brooke, our boys, and I hang out at most of the travel swim meets together. 








 

Found a great VRBO in Helena. Cheaper than the hotels, so we brought the whole family. 

Checked out the museum there. Some got more physical than others. 

I really enjoyed learning about the cowboy artist, Charlie Russell, and checking out all his artwork.


We also checked out the capitol. 



The Helena trip was also our anniversary, so we went out to dinner on the way home. 

Hotel prices for state swimming (Missoula) were insane ($300-400 a night), so Gabe and I got a KOA cabin instead. There were HUGE bunnies all over the campground. Here is Gabe trying to make friends. 

Gabriel S and Gabriel S. 





No comments:

Post a Comment