Thursday, April 13, 2017

Prayer Warriors!

Hi ya'll!

A blessed Holy Thursday to you all, loved ones.

I have a request as you journey through this Holy Week and into Easter.  For a dear friend from my childhood.  My best friend growing up in Alaska was Melissa. Her husband, Rob, found out last year that he had Stage IV testicular cancer. He's been sharing updates about his journey this last year on his blog.  Rob and Melissa have been such an incredibly beautiful testimony to me and to the world this past year. I am so grateful for their transparency in sharing their journey.  Melissa is at the same time, also losing her sweet mother to cancer. Melissa's parents just moved down to Texas a few years ago to be with them.  

Rob is a professor at the University of Dallas and had been teaching until last week. He has taken a dramatic turn for the worse in the past couple days and just started hospice care today. Rob and Melissa have two small children.  Please, please pray for Rob, Melissa, their children, JoLinda (Melissa's mom) and Phil (her dad).  My heart just hurts for this beautiful family. Fortunately, their hope and treasure is entirely in heaven. They have a hope that goes beyond the current pain. Still, the pain and suffering in this world is tremendous. Please, help to shoulder their suffering with me in prayer.

Thank you.  All my love,

Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment