Monday, August 13, 2018

Few Random Pics for You

Life's been busy. I hate to use that word. Not a fan of the word "busy."  It's way overused these days! I'll stay off that soapbox but yes, life's been full. I'd love to stay and chat awhile but I'm trying to keep focused on the to-do list. I'll be back here . . . sometime.  I do enjoy stopping to say "hello" and share our life in pictures.

So part of life's "fullness" was Doug's new research project. It was all about seeing his job from a new angle. He's a hospital chaplain. So why not see what it's like from the hospital bed?!  Great idea, huh? Just joking. Doug had a complete bowel obstruction. So four days in the hospital it was for Mr. Doug.  It was a painful, difficult experience for him. He's feeling so much better now. Now to figure out just how to prevent this from happening again in the future. The picture below was him when he was still in the miserable stage. Nutmeg snuggled up for a brief moment. 






Mace has been enjoying the costume bin this summer! This is one of his tamer ensembles. Such a fun kid he is!


We've got vegetables! Lots of them! So our challenge is to use as many of them as possible, so as to not waste them. I've always hesitated about asking Doug to grill vegetables (I keep my distance from the grill!), because I thought he'd poo-poo the idea. Last week we had to grill some vegetables for a new salad recipe and he LOVED it! So this week he grilled up a whole pile of marinated veggies and we served them with some whipped goat cheese. Delish! What a quick, easy, and healthy way to make use of what we've got!



 Mace has been playing in the big boys' room with their Legos all summer. The obsession has begin! One of which I gladly approve. I've been looking forward to getting him his first set for his birthday and Christmas this year. But when I stumbled across a small bag of Legos on clearance this past week, I gave in. It was such a delight to watch him open up his very own tiny Lego set for the first time.





No comments:

Post a Comment