Friday, August 30, 2019

Savoring Summer . . .

Hey there,

I know, we are busy right now. I'm supposed to be grocery shopping right now but I just wanted to share some fun photos real quickly. We have been glued to Alaskan wildfire updates and do have a bit of anxiety about it but you know, things like this really force one to reassess priorities. You prepare, pray, and hope for the best but in the end, you just have to let go and let happen what will happen. Worrying and stressing over things isn't going to help. So I've made a few efforts yesterday and today to drink in the last bit of summer with my family. It's been beautiful here. Last night we packed up our crockpot and headed to the lake for a swim and dinner. This morning I took the kids for our annual visit to the Baraboo River Rendezvous. It was one of our best visits yet. Weather was gorgeous, the participants were so informative and interactive. The kids and I learned so much! We had a blast throwing the hatchet (me too!), making rope, and playing numerous other games. It felt so good to recreate.






Yummy homemade root beer! 








No comments:

Post a Comment