Monday, July 24, 2023

Jammin' July

 Hello, hello!!!!

Much love to you loved ones. 

I am going to almost literally throw some pictures up on the blog. I just loaded my phone and camera onto the computer. I have an incredible amount of work to do in the next couple of months (two upcoming seniors: be the mom, be the guidance counselor, school principal, get some college visits in if possible (not neighboring states), plan educational years for four kiddos, teach a kiddo to drive, plan a teaching year for co-op, try to get caught up on some house stuff, and keep my sanity all at the same time).  It will only happen by the grace of God; please pray for me. All that to say, I won't load all the pics (over 300 this time around), but will randomly select them. The pics are small in my file folder, so I'm hoping I'll choose good ones. They won't even be in chronological order. 

It's been a full, but blessed summer. June, I can't even remember. I know Nutmeg and Mace both had basketball camps and VBS (Nutmeg volunteered). Sage started his first job. He's behind on the driver education, so I'm trying to fit that in when I drive him to work every day. Basil's been balancing working 6am-2pm and then leaving for swim practice at 3:15, home by 6pm. Oh, and Sage went to camp. Just remembered, Basil and I traveled to Rapid City for a swim meet.  Looking at pics jogged my memory: we also put in some landscaping and got a bit of a vegetable garden going. 

July we started off the fourth of July weekend with a smashing success of a lemonade stand for Mace. Four of us went to our first rodeo with a group of friends. Mace and Dad had an amazing day of hiking and fishing. Nutmeg's been doing basketball open gyms whenever possible. My brother paid us a surprise visit. We found out he's doing some work here for several weeks. We all went to Helena for Basil's swim meet and met up some old friends there to go hiking. After Helena we drove up to Glacier National Park to go camping for a few days. When we got home Nutmeg got ready for camp and Sage got ready for a college immersion camp in Kansas (first time flying by himself!). When they were at camp and in Kansas, Basil and I were at the state swim meet in Bozeman for four days. 

Now we are all safely back home . . . Back to work, back to basketball camp, back to clean-up. Back to figuring how to make plans for the educational year we have coming up. The boys have to dig down and get inspired to study for tests, write essays, etc. Doug is back to work changing the world one meeting and one relationship at a time. 

We'll take any prayers and encouragement you are willing to offer! It's an intense season of life. 
































































1 comment: