Monday, August 16, 2021

Vacation!

 


Here are the promised pictures from Doug and the kids' vacation to Idaho and Washington.  I know the kids have some pictures on their cameras, so I may pop in sometime with a few more pics to share from their perspective. 

    They drove from here to Wallace, Idaho and stayed there for two nights. For their first full day in Idaho they went ziplining. Sounds like it was a blast and no one was too frightened. They weren't allowed to take pictures I guess. They had a nice dinner by a stream. The next day they went to the museum at the Cataldo Mission. No pictures from there but I'm guessing Luke might have some. 

    The next day they drove to Spokane. They drove past our old house and went for a walk on the trails near our house. I used to the kids on nature walks there. Our first nature observations with the kids scrawling in their little notebooks. The boys' remember this place vividly and so fondly. When I was nine months pregnant with Emily, I went for a walk here to try to go into labor (didn't work). They also stopped downtown to see the park created for the World's Fair decades ago. 

    After that they spent a couple days camping at Priest Lake, Idado. Many fond memories there. They hiked in a couple miles to find the famed rock slide. Yikes. I don't know if this is mom-approved!!  I'm just glad no one got seriously hurt. 

    After camping they stayed a couple nights at a friend's lake house nearer to Spokane. Old Spokane friends who now live in southern Idaho came up to play at the lake with them. 

    Last day was an eight hour drive back home!  "Best vacation ever!" I've heard many times.  

    And now back to life. . . braces on the docket for somebody today!! I've got a few more weeks of some more planning to do, items on my to-do list, and hopefully some more summer fun to be had! All our love to you! 

























Mr. Gabe has some sweet photography talents. 

Mr. DeWolf is Captain Generous. Really give the kids an awesome time on the lake for two days. 






No comments:

Post a Comment